You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
- Come up with a name / codename.
- Must have communities.
- Must have threaded comments.
- Must be federated: liking and following communities across instances.
- Be live-updating: have a right pane for new comments, and a main pain for the full threaded view.
- Use websockets for post / gets to your own instance.
- How does voting work? Should we go back to the old way of showing up and downvote counts? Or just a score?
- Decide on tech to be used
- Backend: Actix, Diesel.
- Frontend: inferno, typescript and bootstrap for now.
- Should it allow bots?
- Should the comments / votes be static, or feel like a chat, like flowchat?.
- Two pane model - Right pane is live comments, left pane is live tree view.
- On mobile, allow you to switch between them. Default?
Resources / Potential Libraries
- Use the activitypub crate.
- Activitypub vocab.
- Activitypub main
- Diesel to Postgres data types
- helpful diesel examples
- Recursive query for adjacency list for nested comments
- Sticky Sidebar
- RXJS websocket
- Rust JWT
- Hot sorting discussion 2
- Classification types.
- RES expando - Possibly make this into a switching react component.
- Temp Icon
- Rust docker build
- Zurb mentions
- Activitypub guides